Search My Blog

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Healing is in His Hands

I lead worship for a few different venues around campus: FOCUS, Metro, and Worship in Studio G. I am surrounded by some of the most talented, Christ following band mates I have ever served with. They are hard working, dedicated, musically gifted, and most importantly (other than the "Christ following part") they are flexible to try new things.

Tonight at Metro, which meets at 8:45pm in Studio G, we are singing a new song called "Healing is in Your Hands." To say this song has personal implications for me is an understatement. To say that "healing is in His hands" is to say that He is sovereign over our circumstances. This belief is at the core of who I am. But I must embrace that if He is sovereign over my "healing" he is also sovereign over my illness and weakness.

To me, one of the most beautiful things about God is His untarnished faithfulness. He is sovereign in all things and has promised faithfulness in all things. I don't serve a God that promises "fairness," but He does promise faithfulness. I will take faithfulness, holiness, and sovereignty over fairness any day.

If you haven't heard the song, "Healing is in Your Hands" by Christy Nockles go check it out.

"Now by Your grace I stand. Healing is in Your hands."

No comments:

Post a Comment